Total support: $150,000
Intended Format: Grand Rounds – Live/Enduring, Minute-CME/CME Blast, other
Intended Audience: Fellows, Early career physicians
Bayer TA Rationale for Educational Support:
Highest priority will be given to programs whose main focus is:
- Understanding the role of the nitric oxide-soluble guanylate cyclase-cyclic guanosine monophosphate (NO-sGC-cGMP) pathway on the pathophysiology and progression of PAH, highlighting differences in MOA between approved drugs acting on this pathway.
- Understanding how to utilize combination and transition treatment strategies to optimize and individualize PAH therapy
- Management of PAH with emphasis on most recent ESC/ERS guidelines risk stratification strategies and importance of goal directed therapy highlighting REPLACE data.
The proposal must be compliant with standards and guidelines for commercial support (e.g., ACCME).
The proposal should include:
- Needs assessment
- Educational design and rationale for selection (where applicable)
- Learning Objectives
- Proposed Faculty
- Participant recruitment plan (where applicable)
- Outcomes strategy/plan
- Detailed budget
Copy of most recent accreditation letter and status
Applications/proposals which are submitted and determined to be complete are reviewed monthly. Allow a minimum of 45 days from submission for response.
Acceptance of a Bayer educational grant indicates that you will:
- Reconcile grant funding within 60 days of completion of the educational program
- Permit a Bayer Medical Affairs representative to audit live programs
- Share activity data and outcomes metrics within 30 days of their availability
- Hoeper MM, Al-Hiti H, Benza RL, et al. Switching to riociguat versus maintenance therapy with phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension (REPLACE): a multicentre, open-label, randomised controlled trial. Lancet Respir Med. 2021;9(6):573-584. doi:10.1016/S2213-2600(20)30532-4
- Humbert M, Kovacs G, Hoeper MM, et al. 2022 ESC/ERS Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension [published correction appears in Eur Heart J. 2023 Apr 17;44(15):1312]. Eur Heart J. 2022;43(38):3618-3731. doi:10.1093/eurheartj/ehac237)