Please note: We have moved to a new system. You will have to create a new account in order to submit a request.
Bayer will consider contribution requests from professional, patient and scientific organizations that are registered as tax-exempt under section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code. The requesting organization’s mission should be for independent scientific and educational purposes that contribute to the improvement of patient care, education or advocacy.
Organizations that meet these requirements may submit requests via this online system. Please be sure to review our Guidelines and Application Process pages before completing an application.
Bayer may provide contributions to professional, patient and scientific organizations that are registered tax-exempt organizations under section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code. The requesting organization’s mission should be for independent scientific and educational purposes that contribute to the improvement of patient care, education or advocacy.
Bayer will not support organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin. Furthermore, Bayer will not make charitable donations to individuals, political parties or causes, or religious groups for religious purposes. In addition, it is Bayer’s policy not to provide charitable donations to physicians, physician practice groups or any organization that may be considered a direct purchaser of our products, or to non-profit entities controlled by or affiliated with physicians, physician practice groups or organizations that may be considered a direct purchaser of our products.
Bayer will consider the following types of requests from independent, non-profit organizations with missions aligned with the eligibility criteria listed above:
- Request for general donation to support mission of an organization
- Request to support a specific program or activity
- Request to support a fund raiser event
- Accredited or non-accredited educational activities for health care professionals. Please submit these types of requests via the Educational Grants process (see navigation tabs on left hand side of page)
- Childcare expenses
- Programs or events where the primary focus is entertainment, recreational (without significant patient educational value) or social.
- Bayer does not provide general funding to sponsor meetings, conferences or other events in which travel and/or lodging are provided free to participants. However, Bayer will consider and review, in the normal course, a request for funding to support a specific educational session(s) or activity(ies) at these events. As an exception to this principle, Bayer may provide funding to support lodging and travel expenses for disease-related summer camps for children and teens.
- Gifts or give-a-way items for event participants, except treatment and/or patient education related items of modest value
- Financial assistance to patients (except via donations to independent charitable PAP organizations)
- Funding specifically directed to support and the development of an organization’s web site.
- Personal and professional development fees
- Display or exhibit requests. These requests should be forwarded to the local Sales Representative for consideration.
Contributions are awarded on a discretionary basis by the Bayer Contributions Committee through a competitive process. Bayer makes charitable contributions to qualified U.S. based tax-exempt public charities that have a well-defined sense of purpose, a demonstrated commitment to maximizing available resources, and a reputation for meeting objectives and delivering quality programs and services.
Contributions Application Process
- Completed application
- Signed letter of request, on organization letterhead, clearly specifying how the funding will be used
- List of current members of the organization’s Board of Directors
- W-9 form (Note: ONLY the October 2018 Version of the IRS W-9 Form will be accepted and the address MUST match the mailing address indicated on the application).
- Copy of 501(c)(3) letter or other tax exempt document
- Change of address letter on organization letterhead (required only if you checked "New Organization Address" in the application)
- Detailed program agenda, including time schedule of activities and meals.
- Detailed Program/Activity Budget including cost of meals, activities, facility costs, lodging and/or transportation paid on behalf of attendees, items provided to attendees (if any), etc.
- Detailed activity/event budget including the anticipated total funds raised by the event.
- List of all sponsorship levels available for this event and the benefits offered for each level of support.
- You must submit a separate application for each program or activity. We will not accept "bundled" requests for support of multiple events.
- The contribution request must be submitted by a representative of the organization which is seeking the contribution funding
- Please do not submit requests for programs or activities taking place more than 6 months out. Early submission will not ensure an early review or decision.
- Requests must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the program or event date. If Bayer does not receive all necessary documentation at least forty five (45) days prior to the date of your program, Bayer will not consider your request.
- You will receive written and/or email notification of the Review Committee decision. Please note, if you submitted an application 60 days or less from your program/activity date, your notification of approval or denial may not be received until close to the program start date. If you need a decision by a particular date, please submit your request at least 60 days before that date.
- Please do not consider any request approved until you have received written documentation from the Bayer Contribution Review Committee approving your contribution request.
Submit Contributions Request
Organizations that meet the requirements above may submit requests via this online system. Please be sure to review the Guidelines and Application Process details above before completing an application.
- The application must be completed and submitted online.
- You must complete all sections of the application.
- Fill in all of the fields as accurately and completely as possible. Incomplete information may result in processing delays.