Intended Audience: Pulmonary Hypertension Specialists, Pulmonologists, Cardiologists, Internal Medicine
Bayer TA Rationale for Educational Support:
- Riociguat, pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE), or Balloon pulmonary angioplasty (BPA), alone or in combination, for CTEPH (evidence based and current clinical practice)
- Awareness of COVID-19 related VTE/PE and long term complications, specifically CTEPH
- Understanding the need for early screening and diagnosis of CTEPH in patients who have had VTE (pulmonary embolism and/or deep vein thrombosis
- Understanding the progression and evolution from venous thromboembolism (VTE) to CTED/CTEPH
The proposal must be compliant with standards and guidelines for commercial support (e.g., ACCME).
The proposal should include:
- Needs assessment
- Educational design and rationale for selection (where applicable)
- Learning Objectives
- Proposed Faculty
- Participant recruitment plan (where applicable)
- Outcomes strategy/plan
- Detailed budget
Copy of most recent accreditation letter and status
Applications/proposals which are submitted and determined to be complete are reviewed monthly. Allow a minimum of 45 days from submission for response.
Acceptance of a Bayer educational grant indicates that you will:
- Reconcile grant funding within 60 days of completion of the educational program
- Permit a Bayer Medical Affairs representative to audit live programs
- Share activity data and outcomes metrics within 30 days of their availability
- Bonderman D, Wilkens H, Wakounig S, et al. Risk factors for chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Eur Respir J. 2009;33:325-31.
- Bonderman D, Skoro-Sajer N, Jakowitsch J, et al. Predictors of outcome in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Circulation. 2007;115:2153-2158.
- Condliffe R, Kiely DG, Gibbs JS, et al. Improved outcomes in medically and surgically treated chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008;177:1122-1127.
- Ghofrani HA, Hoeper MM, Hoeffken G, et al. Riociguat dose titration in patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension or pulmonary arterial hypertension. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009;179:A3337.
- Jensen KW, Kerr KM, Fedullo PF, et al. Pulmonary hypertensive medical therapy in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension before pulmonary thromboendarterectomy. Circulation. 2009;120:1248-1254.
- Kim NJ. Riociguat: an upcoming therapy in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension? Eur Respir Rev. 2010;19:68-71.
- Sugura T, Tanabe N, Saito M, et al. Effects of underlying disease in CTEPH patients with regard to onset and prognosis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010;181:A1592.