Intended Audience: Pulmonary Hypertension Specialists, Pulmonologists, Cardiologists, Internal Medicine
Bayer TA Rationale for Educational Support:
- Understanding the progression and evolution from venous thromboembolism (VTE) to CTEPH
- Understanding the need for early screening and diagnosis of CTEPH in patients who have had VTE (pulmonary embolism and/or deep vein thrombosis)
- Surgical and medical treatment strategies for CTEPH (evidence based and current clinical practice)
The proposal must be compliant with standards and guidelines for commercial support (e.g., ACCME).
The proposal should include:
- Needs assessment
- Educational design and rationale for selection (where applicable)
- Learning Objectives
- Proposed Faculty
- Participant recruitment plan (where applicable)
- Outcomes strategy/plan
- Detailed budget (please use the template available on the website)
Copy of most recent accreditation letter and status
Applications/proposals which are submitted and determined to be complete are reviewed monthly. Allow a minimum of 45 days from submission for response.
Acceptance of a Bayer educational grant indicates that you will:
- Reconcile grant funding within 60 days of completion of the educational program
- Permit a Bayer Medical Affairs representative to audit live programs
- Share activity data and outcomes metrics within 30 days of their availability
- Bonderman D, Wilkens H, Wakounig S, et al. Risk factors for chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Eur Respir J. 2009;33:325-31.
- Bonderman D, Skoro-Sajer N, Jakowitsch J, et al. Predictors of outcome in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Circulation. 2007;115:2153-2158.
- Condliffe R, Kiely DG, Gibbs JS, et al. Improved outcomes in medically and surgically treated chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008;177:1122-1127.
- Ghofrani HA, Hoeper MM, Hoeffken G, et al. Riociguat dose titration in patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension or pulmonary arterial hypertension. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009;179:A3337.
- Jensen KW, Kerr KM, Fedullo PF, et al. Pulmonary hypertensive medical therapy in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension before pulmonary thromboendarterectomy. Circulation. 2009;120:1248-1254.
- Kim NJ. Riociguat: an upcoming therapy in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension? Eur Respir Rev. 2010;19:68-71.
- Sugura T, Tanabe N, Saito M, et al. Effects of underlying disease in CTEPH patients with regard to onset and prognosis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010;181:A1592.